Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Using Our Influence

When you hear the word “Influence” what comes to mind? Negative influences that battle against us? Positive ones that we try to surround ourselves with? How about the influence we have as leaders?

At our recent Impact youth leadership conference we talked a lot about influence. We wanted to help the students recognize the influences and peer pressures around them, but more importantly how they have the power and potential to be positive influences in so many ways. Through decisions and choices, through interaction with friends, by being good examples and teaching others, by modeling leadership.

When we asked the question “What kind of influence do you have and how will you use it?” it was clear that they “got it”. Here is what some of our 7-9th grade leaders had to say.

“I have a very good influence and I will show it to others by being a great leader and setting good examples for them.”

“I am a believer in God and intend to use my faith to teach others about God and how much love He has for us.”

Do my job with creativity and excellence. Deal wisely with difficulty. Be a model for others to follow. Offer creative ideas for change and improvement.”

“I have an influence of making people see the inside person of me, and by how I behave towards them. I mostly use it by encouraging them and showing them my best.”

“I have influence in leadership and I will use it to teach other people about leadership. I have influence in encouraging other people and I am using it.”

We can learn a lot from these young, wise leaders. Please join us in praying for them as they lead with godly influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment