Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Enriching our Leaders

On March 14th 14 pastors and spouses joined us for our first Enrich leadership workshop of the year. Our theme was Healing the Wounded Heart, and June and Abram did an amazing job teaching.

We began with establishing a firm foundation - our identities based on God’s truths. Next we taught about bitterroot judgments, ungodly beliefs, inner vows, and hearts of stone – areas in our lives that need to be identified and overcome in order to minister effectively to others. We concluded with the power of forgiveness and how to continue applying God’s truth to our lives. In between each session, there was time for prayer and reflection so that the Lord to minister to each person individually.

Based on our feedback, it was clear that many experienced a release and healing from past struggles, leaving them better equipped to lead and counsel their congregations. Several pastors also expressed an interest in offering the workshop again for their congregation members.

“Today I found myself loved by God in a great way. Since the morning, I felt God speaking to me. Every word as being prophecy. There were things that affected my life a lot, especially in rejection and forgiveness. The church I live at, I will teach more about forgiveness.” - Moloi Mantwa

“God has blessed me so much by revealing about inner vows and how they can ruin our lives. I’m so excited because I’m free from them by the grace of God the Father. This has been an eye-opener that will help my ministry grow in knowledge of God’s word.” - a church pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment