Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Forever Changed

I remember walking into Michigan Theological Seminary (now Moody) filled with excitement and fear, anticipation and intimidation. I was hungry to learn and deepen my faith, but I also felt like I was stepping in over my head.

Seminary was an incredible, life-changing experience for me - one that helped launch me into full-time missions. So it’s troubling to think that I have more formal training than 90% of the pastors here in South Africa. I am truly blessed, and now I’m thankful for the opportunity to bless others as well.

For the past 13 weeks I’ve been teaching Foundations for Christian Growth - a rigorous course that provides certification to graduating students. One of my highlights has been seeing incredible growth in each student. Deeper understanding of God’s Word. Better application in daily life. More intimate relationships with God. Increased faith.

The Lord knit together a diverse class consisting of pastors, church leaders, and laypeople; young and old; mature believers and seekers. Caroline (far left) came as a seeker wanting to know more about God and why she should give her life to Him. She attended faithfully, completed the homework on time, and did well on her tests. Yet as her mind was immersed in information, her heart experienced a transformation.

Her life was forever changed. Caroline came seeking, and left surrendered to Christ.

I was not born again before, because of this class I’m born again. The Spirit of God is dwelling in me. I know what God is expecting from me and he delivered me out of Satan’s authority and power. I was full of anger and revenge from the past, but now I know I have to plant forgiveness so that God can forgive me too.” - Caroline Mofokeng

Please join us in praying for Caroline and the rest of our FCG students as they continue growing in their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment