Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Treasures in Heaven

I hit the ground running when I arrived back in South Africa. We had just 2 weeks before an Enrich conference and then June heading to the US for 6 weeks. We were also blessed with 2 ministry guests who stayed with us for a week, getting to know Ignite and serving with us. I’d like you to “meet” them…

Alison and Doug are fellow missionaries with an organization called Love For the Sake of Love (http://www.loveforthesakeoflove.com/). I met Alison when she served as a summer intern with Thrive Africa 2 summers ago. Afterwards, she felt called to help launch a new ministry for college students. L4L’s heart is to help students discover Christ’s calling on their lives, and to mobilize them to use their gifts to serve others. They accomplish this through both local outreach and global mission trips. I know what a life-changing experience a mission trip can be, so I love that L4L’s heart is to facilitate serving opportunities for students.

While here, Alison and Doug spent time with our FlashPoint coaches, attended an FCG class getting to know some of our local pastors, and served at our Enrich conference. They also helped with a HUGE book project – sorting and inventorying the more than 1000 books we have in storage. Wow! I’m sure there will be treasures in heaven for that tedious project!!

And I’m soooo excited about it because it helps us make these much needed resources available to our coaches, pastors and church leaders. My heart is to have a small library someday where they can study for classes, access books and other materials, prepare for sermons, ask questions, etc.

It has been such a blessing to get to know these young leaders. I’ve been so impressed by their vision, leadership, focus on Christ, and heart for fellow college students. I recommend you check out their site for more information, especially if you have a heart for students, or a student of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment