Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

New Year, Big Changes

I hope you had a joyous Christmas and New Year!  We sure did!  While it was busy with year-end items and preparing for our World Race team, we also managed time for rest and fun in the sun.

Now as we look ahead to a new year, I’m looking ahead to big changes as well, as this year will be one of transition for me.  With my visa expiring in June, I’m planning to move back to the US in May.

The 6 years I’ve been in South Africa have been an incredible journey – I’ve learned a lot, grown a lot, and been blessed to have a job I love that has also blessed others.  But I miss home as well, and feel the time is right to return to be with family.

I wish I could say I knew exactly where the Lord is calling me next.  The director/manager/planner in me would sure feel more comfortable if I was being called out of South Africa into something else.  But He hasn’t revealed that to me yet.

I just know that I feel a release and peace with another missionary joining us soon, someone to whom I can transition many of my responsibilities.  I also know that as I step out in faith the Lord will reveal His next steps and timing.  (It’s strange how returning to the US feels like just as big a faith step as originally coming here…)

Honestly, we’ve been soooo busy the past several months I’ve had little time to pray, plan, or prepare for next steps.  I also wanted to be sure to remain focused on ministry here.  But with this new year, I’ll have to focus more on transition planning…

So for now, I would love your prayers:

  • For confirmation and peace about what to do with my beloved dog Zoe
  • For God’s revealed will about practical matters such as finances, housing, work, vehicle, etc.
  • For doors to open that allow me to live in the US yet still be involved in ministry, missions and Ignite South Africa
  • For supporters to stay engaged with me until I return home, that finances don’t dry up once they hear the news

Thank you for everything.  You’ve been a tremendous support and blessing to me.  I appreciate it so much!  

Blessings, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment