Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Favs


So far, my trip to the US has been great.  I’ve been busy catching up with family and friends, meeting with prayer and financial partners, and working to raise awareness and support for Ignite South Africa.  It’s been a great time, but definitely not a vacation!  I’m thinking I’ll need one when I get back to SA!!

One of the questions people frequently ask is what do I miss most about living in SA?  Of course my answer is family, friends and my home church – Kensington Community Church.  In this picture I’m at the zoo with my niece Paige and nephew Brandon.

But just for fun, here are some other things that I’ve been enjoying while I’m here – things that are different, or we can’t get, or are too expensive or far away to enjoy regularly…

Some of My Favorite Things (Easy, this isn’t the Oprah show)

Driving an automatic car!!  Thanks to a dear friend who loaned me his.

So many choices.  Everything from dozens of different cereals, sweets and sodas to being close to so many stores and malls.  Where we live in SA, a trip to the mall or movies is a day-long field trip.

Pizza.  My favorite food.  While here I’ve enjoyed Little Caesars, Jets, Buddy’s, Alibi, Mexican pizza, Mediterranean pizza, you name it!

Fast Food.  Drive-thru Arby’s eaten in the car just because I can (yeah for automatics!)  Also Burger King and Taco Bell. Yum!

Ethnic Food.  Mexican and Chinese (favs!) Arabic. Greek. Thai.  Indian.

Sales.  With my limited budget, I’m like a hunter on safari when it comes to finding great deals, discounts and year-end clearances.  I actually don’t buy much in SA, preferring to stock up when I’m back in the US.

Favorite TV shows.  This year my mom got Bones out of the public library and I’ve been catching up.  I have a crush on Seeley Booth.  And somehow I got addicted to Storage Wars.

Costco.  Cheap jeans, bulk coffee and other goodies.  Unfortunately, since most of my favorite things are food, I’m not sure if my new jeans will fit.  Shame!

Super-spiritual, huh?

But on a serious note, I’m so thankful to be able to visit on a yearly basis and grateful to those who help to make it happen.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment