Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Second Only To Love

In talking to pastors and church leaders, we’ve found that Finances is an area where many struggle due to lack of training and limited resources. Did you know that the Bible has more than 2300 verses about money, second only to Love? Or that 2/3 of Jesus’ parables were about wealth, possessions, giving and stewardship?

Why the emphasis on money? Because it’s where we are tempted...humbled...and where we often struggle to trust in the Lord. It’s a source of life and blessing, but can also be a trap Satan uses to separate us from God. It’s the means by which we can do God’s work and bless others. And it’s a powerful witness, positive or negative, to Believers and non-Believers alike because it captures everyone’s attention.

How we manage our money – whether we have a lot or a little – reflects our relationship with God. So on June 13th, we pressed in to managing our money God’s way. Our workshop topics included having the right attitude about wealth, achieving financial freedom, tithing and giving, goal-setting and budgeting, and teaching biblical principles in the church.

When I asked the pastors how many had ever developed a budget or used one to manage their church or business finances, no one raised their hands. By the end of the workshop, all agreed that the information learned and practiced would be helpful in leading their congregations.

“As the teaching was given, I learned that I must do things God’s way, then implement what I learn in my life, business and church. I will teach my church the importance of tithing 10%, and also managing the other 90% well as stewards of what God provides.” – Pastor Thulo Shadrack Mile

“I will teach the church God’s principles about money and how to implement them. I will also apply what I have learned for myself and my household so that I can model what I teach.” – Pastor Stella Charlotte Molefe

Please join me in praying for these leaders as they model and teach what they have
learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment