Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Question One Answer

Forgiven? Accepted? Loved? These are just some of the one word questions being asked around the Metro Detroit area. They are popping up on billboards, t-shirts, buttons, etc. Challenging questions with no answers...yet.

The billboards are part of the EACH campaign - Everyone a Chance to Hear. What began as an idea for Bob Shirock and Oak Pointe church grew into a unified group of more than 500 churches and organizations – all with a heart to bring hope to a hurting region.

I saw an interview and read an article from WXYZ.com. Here is what Bob Shirock had to say. “Everyone’s life is a story and it revolves around a word or an issue, and what you’re seeing right now is the first half of the story,” Pastor Bib Shirock says. “But hopefully there’s a second half to the story that’s better than the first half… you’ll be seeing it soon, after Easter.”

The prayer walk this Saturday was AMAZING! Tens of thousands of believers from different cities, churches, denominations, racial and economic backgrounds, all united for fellowship, worship and prayer. We began at Comerica Park, walked along Woodward to the Spirit of Detroit, then headed back to Comerica Park, praying for the city along the way. I know the Lord has great things in store for Detroit if we just turn our focus back to Him. Sharing His Gospel. Teaching His Word. Being His hands and feet. Living His purpose.

Purpose is huge for me. If you know my story, I searched long and hard for purpose and meaning in my life. And that search led me astray. However, when I recommitted my life to Christ, He answered my questions. I discovered my purpose in Him.

Purpose?

Purpose.

Bob Shirock continued in the interview “I’m also hoping that the world sees what’s happening in Detroit, because you know Time Magazine said the world is watching Detroit with an interest to see if it can rise from the ashes. And this is our time in the body of Christ to say to the world, look at what just happened. Churches came together, denominations came together, races came together, and they loved each other and they brought good news and good deeds. I hope the world sees that.”

We all do. My prayers are already lifting and my mind is already whirling about the potential to impact South Africa the same way. To help the region of Qwa Qwa rise from the ashes, lifting the entire nation as well.

Purpose.

My question. Christ’s answer.

2 comments: