Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lessons in Leading

On the 9th of February 113 Pastors and church leaders joined us for our first Enrich leadership conference of 2011.

Our theme this year is Kingdom Leading – leading according to God’s principles.

Pastor Abram Moloi, Enrich Director, began by teaching how to develop a culture of honor within our teams and congregations. June Blanshan, Executive Director, shared from Ephesians 4:11-12 how Jesus set various offices within the church, and each is purposed and anointed by God. Next, I followed with 5 keys to successful team work: building trust, handling conflict in a godly manner, achieving commitment and accountability, and focusing on results.

We asked our leaders what they learned and how they will apply it in their lives.
Listen to what some had to say:

“This seminar helped me to know my calling, and realize that I have to be equipped in the Word in order to recognize it in other people.” Josephine Katali

“I have learned that God has a purpose for each and every one of us. Each one has much to do with what God has anointed. We should trust one another, help one another and be committed to participating in the church.” Maseabata Emerly Mohloaj

“God spoke to me about team-building – how to build trust and commitment, and about being accountable in God’s work.” a local church leader

“I learned how God leads us to work in many ways, and how God loves us as a church and as prophets, pastors, evangelists and servants of God.” Mamoruti Makhoba

“The Lord touched my heart and helped me understand His purpose and how he chooses people to be leaders. I learned that respect amongst people is important, as well as trust amongst team members.” Dr. Mzolo

What incredible testimonies showing that God is at work in mighty ways here in South Africa!

(I based my teaching on "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lencioni which I highly recommend. It's written as a story with further explanation at the end so it's a quick, relative, interesting and informative read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment