Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Green Grass

When we learned of Thrive Africa’s closure there was so much to do including finding a new place to live. As I've mentioned previously, June and I felt called to stay in South Africa and continue the work that the Lord had begun through Thrive Africa. So we began looking for a new place in the nearby town of Harrismith.

We saw one home available to rent - the only one it seemed – but it wasn’t quite right for our needs. According to the realtor, there are very few rentals right now due to some large-scale development projects bringing in temporary workers. Good for Harrismith, bad for us.

June and I continued praying for a place, not only because we needed one quickly, but also because we felt it would be confirmation that the Lord was calling us to stay. The Lord knows and cares about our needs.

Then I saw an advertisement at the local grocery store. It’s a total God-thing that I a) even looked at the bulletin board and b) could tell it was for a rental because it was in Afrikaans. I called from the parking lot and was able to see the home immediately. It was perfect for us! And when June walked through she thought the same thing!

We have bedrooms for June, myself and Amanda plus an extra for guests and storage. We have a large family room, dining room and kitchen that allows us to use the smaller living room as our office. It’s a great layout in a beautiful location with friendly neighbors. And although it’s extra work, I’m somewhat enjoying caring for a yard that actually has green grass. Boy, did I miss green grass! We’ve even planted a pretty big vegetable garden.

So please pray for us during this huge transition. Moving homes and offices is just part of it. We have a lot of work yet to do, but we know the Lord is with us every step of the way. And I'm grateful that you are as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love and miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to read about this June. I found your blog via Matt Moline's link but great to hear about the process of moving to Harrismith. Even greater to hear Amanda and Abram are going to continue to be involved. I look forward to hearing more about Ignite.
    God Bless to you all!

    ReplyDelete